Saturday, September 21, 2013

Bacon Cheddar Bites


Last Saturday I had the privilege to do my first Pampered Chef Party as a new consultant. We had a brunch party and this recipe was so yummy I had to make it for my husband! You'll see some of the Pampered Chef products displayed in this post as well. You can see the original recipe here, I changed it a bit- not on purpose this time but because I was doing it by memory and I love more garlic :).

Bacon Cheddar Bites

Here's what you need:
  • 1 pkg of Pie Crusts (from the refrigerator section)
  • 1 pkg 8oz Cream Cheese, softened
  • 8 slices of thick cut Bacon, baked
  • 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
  • 2 Cloves of Garlic, pressed

Preheat oven to 400

Step 1: I already had cooked bacon saved from the other day, but you'll want to cook 8 slices of Bacon on a baking sheet lined with foil at 350 for 12-15 minutes. Once cooled you can chop the slices into small pieces. I used my Manuel Food Processor for this step.


Step 2: Whisk the cream cheese, bacon pieces, cheese and garlic together.




Step 3: Turn your attention to the pie crusts. They will need to be softened. Then cut small round disks from the crusts. I used my Measure All cup to make the disks. Then I rolled the scraps and rolled them out. I don't like to waste! Place the disks onto the mini muffin pan and press them down, I used my Mini-Tart Shaper, but your fingers will work just fine. I was able to make 22 tarts with one pie crust.




Step 4: Scoop the Cream Cheese, Bacon, Cheddar mix into the shaped tarts. I used my small scoop- its a tablespoon.

Step 5: Place into your preheated oven and bake for 16-18 minutes.


Step 6: Enjoy! We ate them for breakfast :) But they are great appetizers too, I plan to make them for my next house guests!


No comments:

Post a Comment