Friday, September 20, 2013

Fall Wreath

Newest Craft Project: Fall Wreath!

I really love having a wreath on my door for every season. If you have ever went into a store to buy a wreath you would be surprised at the prices. Even on Etsy they can get to be over 100$ for a wreath! Well I wouldn't want to pay that especially when I can just do it myself! 


First I went to Michael's Craft store to get a wreath. I picked a medium sized one and got it for 50% off with my weekly ad coupon! 


Then I went to the Dollar Store. Sometimes I have to shop around for flowers but currently they were the cheapest. I got 6 stems, four different flowers and two different leaves. 


 The stems can be hard to work with sometimes so I pull the flowers off.


I laid out the flowers on the wreath how I liked them. I started off to one side at first but then I decided to go ahead and put all the flowers at the bottom. I used hot glue to glue them down once I decided I liked how I had them.


I got some ribbon while at the dollar store, too! I formed a double bow and cut the ends. Took me a while to figure out what kind of bow I wanted but I like how it turned out.


 Here is my finished product!

Total cost: 10$
Total time: 30-45 minutes

1 comment: